Since this pesky Coronavirus pandemic began, online video platforms have boomed. Whether you are a Zoom lover or a Microsoft teams convert we are sure that at some point over the last 12 months you have been persuaded to join a quiz.
So don some sort of fancy dress, open a few packets of crisps and grab a cold one! Eyes down for some top IT facts for your next quiz
- The first computer weighed more than 72 Tons. Her name was ENIAC and she was 1800 square feet of pure IT genius
- IBM introduced the first Gigabyte hard drive in 1980. It weighed 550lbs and was the size of a refrigerator. It also cost a tiny $40,000
- The first known computer programmer was a woman. Her name was Ada Lovelace and it was her work with Charles Babbage in 1842 on the ‘Analytical Engine’ that made her famous
- Some of the biggest computer brands started in a garage. Apple, Microsoft and HP
- MyDoom is the most expensive computer virus in history. It cost an estimated $38.5 billion and came about in January 2006
- Typewriter is the longest word you can write using the letters only on one row of the keyboard of your computer
- The first computer mouse was made of wood. Yes! It was invented by Doug Engelbart in 1964
- In April 2020 Google blocked 18 million Coronavirus scam emails every day
- People blink less when they use computers. While the average person blinks about 20 times a minute under normal circumstances, people on computers only blink 7 times a minute
and so, if you are not at the end of your tether with the infamous ‘online quiz’ add these gems to your repertoire of questions and see the spark of IT delight from your fellow players.